These competitions are now closed. Read who took part and who won in the:
We called on people to make something creative relating to aniridia and enter it into an international competition to celebrate Aniridia Day 2020.
The artist needed to be a person with aniridia or one of their friends or relations.
- Wanted: Photographs or scans of a drawing, painting, photograph, model or other creation about or relating to aniridia
- Eligiblity: People up to 18 years old who have aniridia or one of their friends or relations
- Closing date: Saturday 20 June 2020
- 1st 2nd and 3rd place winners chosen in the following age groups: 3-5, 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 14-18.
- Wanted: Imaginative short videos including a message, in your own langauge, similar to this:
“My name is XXXX, I am Y years old, I live in ZZZZ, I have aniridia.
I want to congratulate patients and doctors all over the world on Aniridia Day!
We are rare but together we are strong”
- Eligiblity: People of any age who have aniridia or one of their friends or relations
- Closing date: Thursday 18 June 2020.
The competitions was run by Iris the Interregional Center for Supporting Patients with Aniridia, in Russia. The judges for each competion included:
- Tatyana Ghali, a Russian artist
- Rasha Amin, an Italian artist
- Ekaterina Markova, a Russian flimmaker
- Luana Schena, Switzerland
- Lucia Mosquera, Spain