Take part in the next international Aniridia Day on 21 June 2020
What is it?
It is a time to coordinate activities and improve understanding of the rare genetic eye condition aniridia. It is a great chance for individuals and organisations to:
- hold events for people associated with aniridia to meet
- increase understanding of aniridia,
- raise funds
- recruit volunteers
In 2020 we are:
- sharing the #AniridiaAids that help people with aniridia with their lives.
- holding international webinars with talks from great doctors and successful people with aniridia.
As always the goal is to
- improve the lives of people affected by aniridia
- support national aniridia associations
- strengthen the worldwide aniridia community
When is it?
Aniridia Day usually the same date as the solstice – a property of how high the sun is in the sky. We chose this date because the brightness and position of the sun significantly affects the lives of people with aniridia.
In 2020 the solstice has shifted to the 20th but we are keeping Aniridia Day on 21st June.
Who can take part?
Everyone! We want Aniridia Day to be a truly international event with people in all countries taking part and using it as the basis for activities.
Whether you have aniridia, know someone with aniridia or neither, please get involved with activities, spreading the word or donating time or money to our causes.
We also want people from around the world to join the Aniridia Day Committee, to help with this year’s campaign, and the organising the day in future years. Find out more about us and the history of Aniridia Day.