Take part in the next international Aniridia Day on 21 June 2019
What is it?
It is a time to coordinate activities and improve understanding of the rare genetic eye condition aniridia.
Join our Aniridia Day Facebook group for all the latest activity.
Aniridia Day is a great chance for individuals and organisations to:
- hold events for people associated with aniridia to meet
- increase awareness of aniridia,
- raise funds
- recruit volunteers
- improve understanding of aniridia and inclusion with a #CanDoWithAniridia campaign on social media
- support people (with children) with aniridia
- raise funds for the European Aniridia Conference 2020 in the UK
- empower national aniridia associations
The campaign changes each year. Read our news posts for details of current and past activities.
When is it?
Aniridia Day is the same date as the solstice – a property of how high the sun is in the sky. We chose this date because the brightness and position of the sun significantly affects the lives of people with aniridia.
Aniridia Day and the solstice are on 21 June 2019.
Who can take part?
Everyone! We want Aniridia Day to be a truly international event with people in all countries taking part and using it as the basis for activities.
Whether you have aniridia, know someone with aniridia or neither, please get involved with activities, spreading the word or donating time or money to our causes.
We also want people from around the world to join the Aniridia Day Committee, to help with this year’s campaign, and the organising the day in future years. Find out more about us and the history of Aniridia Day.